Friday 6 August 2010

Spirit Speaks – Get A Grip!

image

Picture of person roping a heart from http://eruke.files.wordpress.com

I had a moment of clarity this morning as I climbed onto my treadmill to do my workout.  My mind was racing with all the things that I had to do, and I was thinking about a client.  I began to imagine her getting ill and me feeling sad.  I noticed that my emotions were going into a tailspin, and my thoughts were getting increasingly dark.  I heard a voice say, “Get a grip!”

Everything stopped!  I felt peace and calmness around me.  I realized that getting a grip was not just getting a grip on one’s emotional state, it is also about getting a grip on one’s thoughts.  It is about getting a grip on going out into the future where things may happen and are unlikely to happen the way that we imagine them.

I had let myself run away with thoughts and emotions that had no basis in the present moment.  “Get a grip” means to come back to reality, and to the present.  It means still your thoughts, and still your mind. It means, take back your power!

Our thoughts, mind, and emotions sometimes seem like they are beyond our control.  To prove the point, here is a little exercise.  Try to stop your mind from thinking.  Now, read the phrase, “The Sounds of ……”.  Try it again.  Read this phrase, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's …”.  Our minds simply want to complete the phrase.

You see, our mind, which thinks all the time, really wants to be helpful.  Unfortunately, our mind has had little discipline to keep it working on positive, happy thoughts, so it simply turns to the the wave of information that it has the most on.  Most of the information that we take in from media is unhappy news or bad news.  So, our minds and thoughts automatically generate bad news scenarios.

The bad news scenario is what happened to me this morning.  Now, when I start the bad news thoughts, I say to myself, “Get a grip!”  It works!  You can change your thoughts.

Namaste,

Judy@angelsandancestors.com    See the August 2010 Magazine at www.angelsandancestors.com  

HEAL WITH THE TREES (In Calgary)
Thursday, August 19, 2010, 7-9pm
By Donation Meet ten specific trees, and learn their healing properties, and how to bring that healing into a self healing practice. Pre-registration required. Call Judy 403-225-2016 to register, or email judy@angelsandancestors.com. Directions for meeting site provided at registration. More info here.

See my new software blog at softwareislikeanonion.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. This was great!! I really love your blog!! I have a question: Is it possible to have more than one animal trying to connect with you at once? Because I have been seeing three animals over and over again constantly. They are the Fox, the Owl, and the Monarch Butterfly. I really need your help! I don't know what they are trying to tell me. Please help me!! Thank you very much for your time!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy