I finished reading the five book set of “Percy Jackson and The Olympians” by Rick Riordan, and I was left with some questions. Now, I loved these books. They were, however, written for children. There was so much in the books, I wondered why the message had been targeted to that age group. Whenever I have questions like this, I ask my Angels. Here is what they said…
“ Dearest beloved! You are familiar with the phrase, “History repeats itself!” and with that idea, Rick Riordan was given information from Earth’s history – your ancestral history – to use to shape into ideas that youth would understand today. There are several messages in this work:
- Love is better than anger.
- Anger and grudges held over time become very destructive.
- When one does something out of anger and fear, it will rebound on them.
- Families who turn against one another will destroy the family.
- Family violence may turn outward and involve many people, and may eventually escalate into a war.
How many wars were started by family feuds? Sometimes it is the responsibility of the children to heal the wounds of the parents.”
I see the wisdom in teaching the children those things that have been difficult to teach adults. Perhaps if enough children read these books, that will change.