Picture of Sea Gull from Wikipedia….
Sea gulls live in seaports and around big water. There are many gulls in Calgary as they follow the river system.
What do we know about gulls? Well, many of us are fans of the book “Jonathan Livingston Seagull” because it was about following your heart and achieving as much as you could achieve. It was inspirational and a heart warming story at the same time. Yet, Sea Gull is often chased away and regarded as a nuisance bird. Why is that?
Well, Sea Gull eats rubbish, pulls apart garbage bags if they smell good, eats dead fish as well as live ones, eats dead meat that washes onto shore or is road kill, eats vegetation, and makes messy nests out of whatever garbage it can find. Sea Gull is noisy – she talks all the time to all those in the flock around her. There is a very loose social structure in the flock, and yet it is honoured.
So, if Sea Gull shows up in your life, what message is she bringing you? It may be several messages or one message that will resonate with you. Sea Gull shows up because:
- She finds garbage around your house/yard and she is telling you to start recycling, reusing, and rethinking what you are eating and buying and throwing away.
- She says you are eating out too much or eating too many packaged foods. She eats what is immediately around her – the original 100 mile diet. Are you eating healthily? Sea Gull does – even if we consider it garbage.
- Sea Gull flies around and soars and wheels and has fun. She asks you to lighten up and go out and try new things – yell a little. Making noise is good for your primal self.
- Are you too quiet? Do you need to find some friends? Sea Gull has a lot of friends and is quite comfortable expressing herself. Perhaps you need to take lessons about communicating and about relationship building from Sea Gull.
- Sea Gull treats her flock members with fairness and respect. Situations like first come, first served are common and the others wait. Are you too pushy? Do you respect others, or do you consider yourself above the common Gull?
Enjoy the teachings of Sea Gull. She does not usually show up often.
Judy@angelsandancestors.com Do you have a good sea gull story? I would love to hear it!