Sunday 18 July 2010

Angel’s Speak – 30 Years of Food Systems

Most of the food production in North America is around corn, wheat, and soy.  This has been a thirty year cycle that started back in the late 70’s.  Coincidently, this has also been the cycle of increasing obesity in America and in the world, and the rising increase in starvation.  There are 1 billion people who are starving in the world and 1 billion people who are obese in the world.  These figures come from the talk by Ellen Gustafson in the movie embedded below.

Like most of us, I love to eat!  As I have gotten older, I have had to watch how much I eat.  Recently, I have also had to watch the nutrients.  When I went for my physical two weeks ago, my blood work showed that my Vitamin D was down several hundred points over last year – even though I have been eating more raw food.  Several other of my numbers have shifted slightly lower.

What this indicates to me is that the quality of our food is decreasing.  Is it to much “forcing” vegetables and fruits to grow? Is it the fertilizer and pesticides?  We don’t really know.  However, it seems that perhaps this a great time for people to take charge of their own food growing.  This year, more people in Calgary have planted gardens – in the church yards, by recreation centers, and along railway lines – basically where ever there is open space.

Listen, please, to Ellen’s ideas.  The Angels think that she has great ideas, and perhaps, is divinely guided.

From TED TALKS: 

Ellen Gustafson: Obesity + Hunger = 1 global food issue

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

The July 1 2010 issue up on line at www.angelsandancestors.com.   Sign up for our free first of the month magazine at  http://www.angelsandancestors.com/signup.html

See our new workshops at http://www.angelsandancestors.com/workshop.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy