Thursday 7 April 2011

Spirit Animal - Owl says, “Who do you trust?”

image

This picture was taken by Judy almost two years ago when the Great Owl had her first nest here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This morning, as the dogs and I walked through the Burnsmeade Wood, I heard a quiet “whooo-oo”.  I looked around, and snuggled up to the tree trunk, was Great Horned Owl.  She is nesting here again this year, and she seems comfortable telling me this.  I thank her for her confidence in me.

As I wave good bye to her, and wish her a happy day, she craned her neck and said to me, “Whoo-oo do you trust?”

I was surprised enough to come to a complete halt in the walk.  I stood wondering.  In my mind, I quickly made a list of the people that I trust absolutely.  The list is less than five people long.  I then made a longer list of people that I mostly trust.  This list is almost twenty people long.  I then began to wonder, is this a good or a bad thing?  I know everything just “is”, however, I wondered why the lists were not longer. 

I was still standing there when Owl stirred again.  She echoed my thought – why?  Why did I not trust more?  What happened with people that I simply did not trust them?  I wasn’t sure.  It is just something that happened.

I wandered home, thinking about trust.  I looked it up when I got home.  Wikipedia says, “Trust -- Verb: Believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of.   Noun: Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.” 

I realized that I mostly don’t believe in people’s reliability, or strength, or truth.  I would like to change that.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

The April magazine is up at http://www.angelsandancestors.com/mag/mag1104.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy