Saturday 2 June 2012

Buddha Speaks - Nonviolence

Nonviolence is a conscious way of acting that is based on the connectedness of all life. Violence against another is violence against one's own being, so it is futile.  - Paul Hawken, "Upsurge

 

This weekend, I had a chance to see various forms of violence in action.  I saw a parent with a small child who was having a temper tantrum, and the spank to the bottom which was delivered in anger.  I saw a man rage at a woman in a parking lot – he was claiming that she “took” his spot.  I saw a security person push an elderly man, who seemed to have some mental incapacity, out of the shopping center.  I watched two young brothers pound one another over a hockey stick.

These various actions brought home to me that my anger and frustration is something that I always carry with me.  Mostly, it is quiet.  However there are times that I can feel it simmer.  I meditate and I work on finding where the anger comes from.  I agree with the quote, that violence (and anger is a form of violence), hurts us more than it hurts anyone. 

I ask my angels to work with me to let my anger heal.  And, I forgive myself for feeling the anger. 

What do you do?

Blessings,

Judy

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

See our websites: www.angelsandancestors.com; legionsofmichael.blogspot.com; www.thestoryoflight.com; webdesign11.com; www.missionearthpublishing.com

I am happy to announce that my book is now available on Amazon.com…

clip_image002

Earth Wisdom Meditations: 111 Contemplations For People Who Love The Earth [Paperback] Judith Hirst (Author) A Kindle version is also available.

1 comment:

  1. when i feel anger i sit with it and try to find the place of pain where it stems from..once i get to that sense beneath, its easier to heal.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy