Wednesday 17 August 2011

Spirit Speaks - You are A Guest

image

 

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
                                      —Rumi

Last night, I could not sleep!  I would close my eyes and get different thoughts and visions.  All of them were filled with information and insights.  The vision that stayed with me though, because it was so profound, was one that I call – You Are A Guest.

In this vision, a beautiful lady is sitting across from me in a setting similar to a living room.  She is in a big chair and I am on a sofa, and a coffee table – round and about three feet across – sits between us.

She is telling me that she is disappointed in me.  She asked me to look after her house, and she comes home to find that it is completely messy.  She tells me that there are holes in the carpet, burn marks on the furniture and the floors, and that her water is not running full force.

I am stunned!  I have no recollection of house sitting.  I don’t believe that I have met her before, although she is lovely, and I don’t recognize the house.

She asks me if I would allow guests to behave like that in my home.  I reply that we don’t allow smoking in our house, and that none of our guests would behave like that anyway. 

She then asks me why I have not cleaned up before she returned home. 

I am sputtering for an answer when she says, “Never mind! I won’t ask you to do this again!”

Now I am really confused because I don’t remember her asking me in the first place.

I decide that I must defend myself.  I begin saying that I have not been asked to look after her house, and then the scene changes.

She takes me by the hand and walks me through charred forests and meadows.  She then walks me through deserts and drought land.  I see animals and people starving, dying, and dead.  We then move to places where water flows over the land, down streets and through houses.  And, we walk over mountain tops where the snow caps are clearly receding, based on the marks of where snow lay earlier.  The next stop is different places where open pit mining is happening – huge great holes in the earth.

The scene changes again, and I am back in the living room, sitting in a big, comfy chair, with a hot cup of tea in my hand.

The lady tells me that humans have been thoughtless guests in her home – the planet.  She asks me what she should do.  I tell her that most often, the landlord evicts abusive tenants.  They seldom get a second chance. 

She smiles and says that she has served her eviction notice.

I wake up, and wonder what is next for all of us.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

The August Angels Magazine “C’est La Vie – August in Paris” is at  www.angelsandancestors.com

See our websites:  legionsofmichael.blogspot.com www.thestoryoflight.com; www.datacloudconsulting.com; www.datacloudconsultingblog.com; webdesign11.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy