Thursday 4 August 2011

Spirit Speaks - You Are All Creators

image

 
Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.  --Frank Zappa

I have been sitting in my office in the evening, to do accounting tasks, and find myself doodling on scratch pads, or thinking about quilting, or even pulling out my wood carving stuff.

What I realized was that my creative, imaginative, “Me” was wanting out!  It wants to come out and play, and draw, and make beautiful patterns, and satisfy something that I have been supressing as I have been trying to get my year end completed.

Let’s face it – accounting is required but not fun the way carving and quilting are fun.  Creator is reminding me that I need to honour my ability to create on a more regular basis than I have been.  When you look at the things that archaeologists dig up and that get put in museums, you can see that man has created since the beginning of time.

Maybe that is why there are so many unhappy people in the world – they don’t have time to create.  I think that creating something – a cake, dinner, art, music, or whatever, is part of what keeps each of us alive.  I think that when we don’t create, that we become depressed.  I think some people have had creativity stifled in them so much that they don’t know that the “I am missing something” feeling is really their need to create something.  Each time that we create, we leave our mark. 

I would like to see our world change to give us more time to create things just for ourselves.  I think that we can meditate to see what we should create next.  I believe that all creative tasks should be done from a state of love. 

As a side story, I wanted to make meatballs for our potluck dinner the other night.  However, I was running out of time.  So, I went to the store and bought a box of frozen meatballs and a bottle of Diane Original sauce.  At home, I mixed the two together, and then before popping the casserole dish in the oven, I waved my hands over the dish and said, “Love, love, love, little meatballs.  Think love.  Think love when you are cooking and think love when you are being added to someone’s plate, and think love through the whole experience.”  I had so many compliments on my meatball dish!  I think I was very creative.

Have a wonderfully creative day and go out and make your mark!

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

The August Angels Magazine “C’est La Vie – August in Paris” is at  www.angelsandancestors.com

See our websites:  legionsofmichael.blogspot.com www.thestoryoflight.com; www.datacloudconsulting.com; www.datacloudconsultingblog.com; webdesign11.com

1 comment:

  1. That was lovely and I so agree with you. Most people HAVE stifled their creative side so much so that they can't even recognize it. We all have something to contribute to this world, everyday. Even if it is frozen meatballs of love.
    Have a beautiful day~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy