Saturday 8 January 2022

Support - From All Sides

 


My work background is in accounting and technology. Over the years, I have come to understand that support is usually supporting users of software or computers.  I have completed many hours of software support.  Recently, I learned a different aspect of support, and I was on the receiving end.

Around the middle of December,  I pinched a nerve in my back.  Because it did not seem too serious at the time, and I was preparing for family meals and putting together last minute Christmas items, I pushed through the discomfort.  On December 20, I could hardly get out of bed to go the bathroom.  I got prescriptions for muscle relaxants and pain killers.  I had to learn to move more slowly and thoughtfully - in other words, I had to learn to be mindful about my movements.  I had to learn to give very clear communication to those around me that were helping me to move in those first few days, and to have clarity about what movements I needed to do and how I was going to do them.

The healing road back to easier movement and less pain has been very slow.  Laying with heating pads and infrared lasers and ice packs gave me lots of time for reflection on what happened and how I was getting through it.  The one word that describes my Christmas is “support” with Love.

As I sort through the memories of the last few weeks, I am grateful for the love and support of my husband, my sister, my dog, my neighbours, and my extended family.  Things that needed doing just got done around me and for me.  Meals seemed to happen. Cleaning got done.  Many thanks to my husband and my sister who came and stayed for several days.  I slept a lot!  I would wake up and my dog was cuddled beside me, waiting for me to be mobile.  One day, when I was in a very deep sleep, he stuck his nose in my face and licked me.  As I woke up, I noticed he was whining and seemed quite concerned.  I am so grateful to them!  

I am still recovering and mobile.  I still am taking it easy.  I thank all my Angels that helped me through the last several weeks.

I hope that your Christmas and New Year were filled with love and joy and peacefulness and fun.

Blessings.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy