Thursday 13 January 2022

Lean on Me

 

Picture from Soundscapesourcing.com

Through the Christmas holidays, I practiced the idea of “lean on me” in two different ways.  In the first way, I was the leaning person.  I mentioned in an earlier post that I pinched a nerve in my back which impeded everything that I was doing.  I had to lean on people for help. 

In the second way, I was the person being leaned on.  A friend was going through some nasty stuff and phoned me for support.  As she had been exposed to COVID, I could not go and comfort her so we spent several long phone calls with her talking and with me listening.  Mostly all you need to do is listen.

Whether you are the leaner or the person being leaned on, there are some truths about expectations:

  • The leaner is looking for some understanding, some love, and some kindness.  In general, the person looks for support.
  • The person being leaned on does not need to solve the problem.  They just need to be mindful that the person is hurting in some way and that person needs love and kindness.

Many blessings!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy