Thursday 1 October 2009

Ancestors Speak – October 1 2009

I love the fall, and the feeling of peacefulness that it brings, as Mother Nature blankets up her charges and puts them to sleep.  I love walking through the dried grass with the dogs, and feeling the crispness of the grass and the air against my skin.2009 10 autumn leaves

Autumn in our yard… picture by Judy Hirst-Joyeux September 2009

 

Just as Mother Nature cleans up the plants and the trees, and even the water and earth, we, too, need to clean up before the long winter rest.  We need to let go of old hurts, angers, resentments, and victimizations that we have hugged to our souls.  These wounds, for they are wounds, cripple us because we cannot move forward with our lives in ease.  The wounds may also cause us to become ill. The word “ill” by the way, is a word that means “attributing evil or an objectionable quality”, or, “causing suffering or distress”, or “not normal or sound <ill health>”.  One can see from Merriam-Webster’s definition that our hurts fit our ills.

I found a lovely prayer to offer up to the Goddess, who, one must remember is an aspect of Great Spirit.  It comes from Zsuzsanna Budapest, from her book, “The Grandmother of Time”.  She suggests writing out all the names of those people that you have issues with, and that you burn this list, as you say this prayer.

Dearest Goddess,

I have come a long way this year, carrying my burdens.  I would like to take them off my shoulders and give them back to you to recycle, to bury, to compost.  Here, I offer you my resentments against friends, family, and (fill in you own needs here), and ask you to absorb them into your black universe.  Relieve me of them and allow me to walk more lightly.

    Now – Burn this list either in candle flames or in your smudging bowl.

I feel all light, happy and cleansed now.  Dearest Goddess, you are my true strength and guide.  I thank you for being accessible and answering your children’s call.  I honour you and thank you.

    Now – take the ashes and throw them into living water to let them wash away.  As you cast them off, don’t think about this anymore.

This is an amazing process!  If you are not comfortable using the term “Goddess” even though she is an aspect of Creator, then use the term “God”, or what ever you are comfortable with.  Each term is simply the aspect of Creator that resonates for us!

May all your prayers be heartfelt!

Judy@angelsandancestors.com  See other items around October Ancestors Speak - Remembering OctoberHow To Interpret the Financial Decline of October 2008   See our new October newsletter online at www.angelsandancestors.com      Sign up for Crystals Light Workshop in Calgary Oct 23-25th at www.angelsandancestors.com/workshop.html#crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy