Sunday 5 October 2008

Ancestors Speak - Remembering October

image

 

Mountain Ash in our backyard in October 2008 -- picture by Judith Hirst-Joyeux.

October, and fall in general, is my favorite time of the year.  All my life, very good things have happened to me in the fall and particularly in October.  In fact, several of my changes of employment have occurred in October, between the 20th of the month and the 31st, All Hallow's Eve, or Samhain, and also the end of the summer.

I was researching October unsatisfactorily until I found Zsuzsanna Budapest's book, "The Grandmother of Time".  She has amazing information about the month.  One of the facts that I found interesting is that in the Roman Calendar, October is the eighth month --- the month of infinity when using sacred numbers.  Under the Gregorian calendar, October became the tenth month.

October's message, per Z. Budapest, is "to let go, to clean, and to remember".  This resonates for me with remembering the Ancestors, particularly at October 31. 

The big activity, and no surprise to anyone who lives north of the fortieth parallel, is to prepare for winter. 

The manifestation is the IVY.  The synchronicity of this is that one of my clients brought me a gift yesterday - a potted red dragon plant surrounded by three small ivy plants, together with a plant decoration in the form of a large black dragonfly.

Did I mention that the full moon of October is called the Blood Moon?

Enjoy the crunch of the leaves and the promise of renewal of October.

Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy