Sunday 14 September 2008

Spirit Animal - Panda Bear

clip_image002 

Photo from Long Island University Education Center site.

Pandas are the happy looking black and white teddy bears that appear in our lives - sometimes from the time we are babies right up to the time that we are adults. 

Like the black and white penguin, Panda is about the ying and yang; the polar opposites of the light and the dark.  And yet, Panda's personality is not the extreme. Instead, it is quite happy and laid back.  If Panda appears to you, ask yourself if you are getting caught up in extremes - extreme beliefs, beliefs around the light and the dark, and whether in fact you do tend to see everything as "black and white".

Like the magpie, Panda loves to sit in the trees and watch the scenes on the ground.  This viewpoint allows Panda to be the observer and not get caught up in the drama.  Panda sees the beginning and the end of the drama.  From her lofty vantage point, Panda is connected both to the Earth and to the Heavens.  If Panda is showing up for you, perhaps you need to look at what stories you are involved in as part of your life.  Do you need drama?  What happens if you step back and watch what is really going on?  Panda reminds us that there is more to life than drama - there is a spiritual aspect that "bears" looking at.  Is it time to climb to a higher road and look at the people that you are associating with to see if they are pulling you "down".

Pandas are solitary animals because they are slow on the ground and enjoy eating their bamboo by themselves.  There are two aspects of Panda's eating habits that may be warnings to people that Panda appears to:  1)  Panda does not digest parts of its food well, so it may bring a warning that the digestive system of the person is in jeopardy and that they are not getting all the nourishment required.  2)  Panda uses a "thumb" on its feet to grab at its food, the bamboo stalk.  Thumbs are about grasping and letting go.  There may be a message that you are too grasping, and that you need to learn to let go.  Additionally, the thumb represents the Wizard's will power - the ability to will into manifestation any desire.  The message may be that even though you desire something, the will is not strong enough to make it happen, and that needs to be worked on.

May all your Pandas bring you luck!

Judith

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this information about pandas. I have seen them all over the place - even in Ikea which features items from Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having a Panda as one of mi totem animal~! we're so much alike ^-^ & now I know what to look for in my life if she's drawing particular attention to herself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I was doing the meditations and I fell asleep... I think that helped. My guide is the panda at this moment. I feel really warm when he hugs me. I know, I sound loopy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, to paraphrase what you have written at the end there.. if you are having trouble digesting life in some way, maybe you are grasping or holding on to at how things should be.. the black and white, should and should not :) thinking you could know what should be, rather than remembering that in the bigger picture, if you could step back, or rise high enough, and see the amazing cause and effect of everything as it IS.. we'd very likely see that what we thought should happen was simply not part of the perfect bigger picture :D perfect, thank you, i finally get what panda has been trying to tell me :) cheers very very much!@

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I have been reading alot about spirit animals and had no idea if I had one until I had a thought that brought me way back in my child hood.. I remember seeing a panda and a wizard all the time in my child hood as I think back I can't remember if it was a dream or what my adult mind says yes but back then it felt so real.. This is a little crazy but I remember the wizard casting some shadow over me and I would feel paralyzed I couldn't get out this Bubble or shadow it felt like the panda would a appear when I was scared and the shadow would dissapear.. This all makes sense now. I never knew the panda was my spirit animal til now. I don't know what the wizard has anything to do with though. Would anyone know?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy