Tuesday 16 September 2008

Living Life based on Conditions

100_0302

Picture of chickadee paying a visit, even though there was not a bit of bird seed - her visits are unconditional ~~ picture by Judith Hirst-Joyeux, July 2008

 

 

Recently, one of my friends sent me the following story in an email.  The story moved me so much, and made me also think about all the clients that I have worked with in the last several years who live their life based on "when" and 'if".  These folks miss so much because they are waiting for something else to happen.  I think this story explains the folly in living like that better than any explanation that I might give.

The Blind Girl - Author Unknown

There was  a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always 
there for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see 
the world, I will marry you.'

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.

He asked her,' Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?'  The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected 
that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life 
led her to refuse to marry him.

Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her 
saying:  'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before 
they were yours, they were mine.'

This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. 
Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who 
was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Life Is a Gift!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

May all your days be in a present awareness!

Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy