Saturday 5 July 2008

There is no where to go but up!

100_0116   "There is no where to go but up!"

          © June 2008 Judith Hirst-Joyeux

   Some days, life seems to get you down - clients cancel, your energy is low, and the weeds need pulling.  We all have these days.  When ever I have these days, I find that going outside, even doing yard work, changes my mood.  As my mood rises, my perspective changes, because I can move out of the story, and stand back and look at what is really going on.

And so, last week, I went outside to change my perspective.  I went to the green house to water my flowers and trees, and yes, to pull a few weeds in the garden.  When I rounded the corner of the greenhouse, I saw green growing up around the poplar logs that were stacked against the wall.  Because I glanced at them, I actually thought I saw weeds growing. (Yes, we see what is on our mind!)  I ignored them for the moment and went into the garden and began pulling grass and weeds out of the spinach.  I dumped the weeds in my pail, and when I looked up, I got a really good look at what was happening around the logs.  The picture says it all.  The logs, with out any dirt or water, were sprouting.  And, they were sprouting in several places!  I found this amazing! So I got my camera and snapped the picture.

In previous writings, you may remember me saying that when Spirit wants to get your attention, it will resort to any means to get the message across.  Here I was feeling a little bit sorry for myself even though I will be the first to admit that I have a very wonderful life, and that Roger and I are blessed. Spirit, however, wanted to make sure I got the message so it put these miraculous little plants in front of me. 

And Spirit was saying, "You think your life is tough?  Look at these sprouts that are my children!  The parent was cut down and sawed up. The wood has been lugged all over.  And you have stacked it up to burn.  It has been snowed on, rained on, and your dogs have dragged some of the logs all over the lawn and chewed on them!  They have no dirt for food.  They have only the moisture from the rain.  And yet, look how they shine! They could start out and say that life is too tough.  However, they grow on.  They know the only way to go is up!"  

Okay, I felt properly chastised.  And, I also marvelled at the tenacity of an organism's life force.  These logs were cut last fall by the City when they cut down diseased or damaged trees along a major street in Deer Run, the area that we live in.  The logs had sat there almost eight months, and nothing happened. And then suddenly, the cellular blueprint in the poplar logs activated, and the tree began to grow again, in multiple replications of itself.  What a demonstration of the will to live!  The growth is beautiful and touching.  How could someone fail to see the beauty here?  How could you not help them? 

These logs now have a temporary home, dug into our garden, until we decide what part of the yard they should be planted in.  And, yes.  I did feel a hundred percent better after seeing the logs.  I realize that at any time in my life, the only way I have to go is up!

Rise higher!

Judy     ( judy@angelsandancestors.com) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy