Friday 4 July 2008

Spirit Stag

This picture was forwarded in an email, and the properties on the picture say "Rare White Stag Scotland". rare white stag scotland

"My heart's in the
Highlands, My heart is
not here,
My heart's in the
Highlands a chasing
the deer."

        ROBERT BURNS

 

When I look at this picture, I am in awe that this young deer looks so perfect!  It feels like there is a mysticism at work in where the stag appears and how he seems to be looking out wards.  Note that he does not look towards the photographer. 

I was reading about the meanings of colour. I read that white is thought to represent light, goodness, purity and perfection.  The colour white also suggests faith and purity of spirit.

If the meaning of the colour is true, then it follows that the white stag has a very real message to bring to everyone.  What is he trying to say?  He looks perfectly at home in the rough, rocky ground.  Perhaps his message is to look beyond the tough going, for it will be better.  Or, perhaps his message is simply "Have faith! Life is getting better." 

The picture makes me think of the Irish myth about Finn mac Cumhail.  He is said to have led a band of warrior called the Fianna.  The story goes that he and his band cornered a beautiful white deer, which his hounds then refused to kill. That night Finn was visited by the goddess Sadb, who explained that a spell had turned her into the deer Finn had chased, a spell from which his love could release her. Though they became lovers, the magician who cast the spell reclaimed Sadb when Finn was away repelling a Viking raid on Dublin, and though the Fianna searched the land, Sadb could not be found.

While I realize that this story is Irish and the picture is Scottish, I connect the two because of the rarity of the white animal - deer.  Many believe that a white deer is a messenger from the Divine.  Or that the white deer intercedes when there is danger (shades of Harry Potter!).  In all the stories of meetings with white animals, one thing is clear - when a white stag or any other animal crosses one's path, that person is in for big changes.  Since this picture appeared in my email, I have had BIG changes in my life, and this appeared just weeks ago. 

Perhaps the legends are true after all!

May your guidance be clear and your journey be merry!

Judy  (email us at info@www.angelsandancestors.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy