I love the taste of ginger and of peaches, and the combination of Ginger-Peach in this recipe is awesome. The Jam is so good on toast, or pancakes, or chicken, or….
This is an easy gift for giving at this time of year. Yes, I know, the fresh peaches are done. I made this recipe using frozen peaches, thawed to room temperature.
- 3lbs peaches (about 6 cups)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4teaspoon allspice
- Place the peaches in boiling water for 1 minute, or until the skins loosen.
- Then plunge them in ice water.
- Slip off the skins, halve the fruit and remove the pits.
- Cut the peaches into 1 inch pieces.
- In a large, non-reactive pot, mix the peaches, sugar, ginger, lemon juice and allspice.
- Simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and mounds on the spoon.
- Ladle into jars and store in the fridge for up to 2 months.