Tuesday 25 May 2010

Angels Speak – Surrender

image

Here is the meaning of the word surrender as listed by the Merriam Webster dictionary.

Main Entry: 1sur·ren·der  Pronunciation: \sə-ˈren-dər\   Function: verb  Inflected Form(s): sur·ren·dered; sur·ren·der·ing \-d(ə-)riŋ\    Etymology: Middle English surrendren, from surrendre, noun  Date: 15th century--transitive verb 1 a : to yield to the power, control, or possession of another upon compulsion or demand <surrendered the fort> b : to give up completely or agree to forgo especially in favor of another
2 a : to give (oneself) up into the power of another especially as a prisoner b : to give (oneself) over to something (as an influence)

What makes this word interesting to me is that it has been my word of the day off and on for about four weeks.  From a spiritual point of view, surrender is about letting go of ego control, and allowing all things to be.  Life becomes about being in the flow of things, and about life getting easier.  When we are in control, we often trip ourselves, and get in our own way.

Some of the aspects of surrender are:

  1. Allowing yourself to wake up when you want to, not when you have to for getting to work on time.
  2. Starting your job when it feels right to you – not at the time dictated by someone else.
  3. Following your instincts and feelings rather than trying to logic out a situation.
  4. Working from the heart, and not from the mind (a different phrasing of number 3.)
  5. Allowing time in nature.
  6. Simply stating what it is you need, and sitting back and allowing it to come into your life.

These are all very difficult tasks for us in this modern world, ruled by a clock and careers.  If you could change one thing, what is it that you would change?

I started thinking about what I would surrender, because this word is coming up for a reason.  I realize that I need to surrender my expectations of other people, especially my family.  They are who they are.  I realize too, that I need to give up my expectations of my life.  I am in a place where I need to allow my life to happen.  I do not need to pursue work – by asking for it to be in my life, it will appear, in whatever form the Universe needs me to have it.  I do not need to worry about money.  Money is a tool, and tools always appear.  We all create what we need.  I simply need to create from the heart.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com   Do you want Judy to do a reading for you?  Book a reading at www.angelsandancestors.com/reading.html

2 comments:

  1. It's funny that this comes up today. I keep reading about how we should surrender ourselves to...the Source(?) and was just questioning on Facebook, what that means. Based on this description, I think I'm well on my way!! Have a great day Judy.
    Sheila C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your experience. Several people have emailed me, and said much the same thing, that it is surrender and observing that makes the most sense to them right now. Source, Great Spirit, Creator, what ever you choose to call "The One", simply wants us to go with what is easy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy