Monday 2 March 2009

Tarot Discussion – The Lovers

image

  Card 6 – The Lovers – from OSHO Zen Tarot

 

This is a time when I wonder what the Universe is planning for all of us. 

The week ahead is very busy for me, and yet I will find time to walk the dogs, do my meditations and exercise and talk to friends and family. Everyone that I speak with talks about being busy, busier than they used to be. They also talk about the feeling of needing time to themselves.  All talk about working a regular routine for meditation into their schedules. 

So, I do what I always do when I am puzzled. I seek a quick answer by pulling a card from one of my decks.  The card was the Lovers card #6 from the OSHO Zen Deck.  What was going on now made perfect sense.  If people are working very hard, and are tired, then their resistance to change is significantly lowered.  The big change that is in the works is towards Love – Universal Love. As the times get tough for many because of the loss of homes and jobs.  The rest of the population is going to reach down and find the love for humanity that has been stashed in a cupboard while greed and power have been the theme. We are all being asked to “find the love”.  We all need to become LOVERS.

Osho says - “ And if your meditativeness becomes total, absolute, love can be transformed into compassion. Sex is the seed, love is the flower, compassion is the fragrance.

Buddha has defined compassion as love plus meditation. When your love is not just a desire for the other, when your love is not only a need, when your love is a sharing, when your love is not that of a beggar but an emperor, when your love is not asking for something in return but is ready only to give - to give for the sheer joy of giving - then add meditation to it and the pure fragrance is released. That is compassion; compassion is the highest phenomenon.”

May you find the love today!

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

1 comment:

  1. I love the insights of Osho Zen Judith. I love the Lovers card as to me it is full of hopes and dreams, you know the sort that says "soulmate, lover, friend, companion", romance, life, everlasting...
    I am intriqued with the triangles, lots of them that make up a sort of pentagram, and the reflective qualities the card has. I think we all have love in our hearts. I am glad you posted this Judith. Love lost is a bit of a theme with me at the moment, and sometimes you have to dig deep to find it within. When you loose love from within it doesn't seem surprising if you can't find it in the external world, if it isn't reflected, and the old addage that if you don't love yourself then how do you expect others to love you comes to mind, too. The other thing that makes me laugh is that the word verification below spells "kisses", well almost, anyway!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy