Tuesday 10 March 2009

Buddha Speaks – Teaching The Six Worthy Ways

Picture from Microsoft Clip Artj0356577 

I came across this lovely teaching story while I was writing my radio show episode called “Who AM I”.  What is striking is that some of the six worthy ways are things that I talked about on the show.  The idea of staying healthy and fit is probably the one task that resonates for me at the moment.  We are in springtime when colds and flu are prevalent. Our temperature (in Calgary) changes from –20C to +9C in twenty-four hours.  The shifting – which mimics ascension shifting, is hard on the human body.  I digress.  Enjoy this story! 

Once upon a time there was a rich man living in Benares, in northern India. He had a son who was intelligent, curious and eager to learn. Even though he was only seven years old, he was determined to find out what is really valuable.

One day the little boy asked his father, "What are the ways to gain the most valuable things in life?"

His father said, "Only worthy ways lead to worthwhile goals. These are the six worthy ways:

  • keep yourself healthy and fit;
  • be wholesome in every way;
  • listen to those with more experience;
  • learn from those with more knowledge;
  • live according to Truth;
  • act with sincerity, not just energy."

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

2 comments:

  1. I like that distinction the father made about only worthy goals leading to worthy things. If we all lived by that the world would look a lot different. I guess the ends don't justify the means?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sirbarrett - I believe that you have highlighted what our world lacks these days - worthy goals. It seems that the goals that we have are centered, generally speaking, around power and money.

    Thanks for taking time to comment.

    Bright blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy