Friday 9 January 2009

Spirit Animal - Mouse

image

"Wood Mouse" - picture from Wikipedia

"Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse!" - line from the poem, " 'Twas The Night Before Christmas"

Humans have long had a love-hate relationship with tiny Mouse.  On the love side, we have Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Stuart Little, Algernon, Mighty Mouse, and Jerry from the cartoon, "Tom and Jerry".  On the hate side, we have traps, science experiments, carrying disease, and eating holes in walls and bags of food.  One of the most famous views of Mouse's place in the world comes from the series, "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" by Douglas Adams.  In this series, it is actually Mice that use humans for experiments in the human condition.

Why does mouse affect us so?  Why do we see pictures of people standing on chairs trying to get away from Mouse?  More than anything, people that are scared of Mouse are really scared of Mouse's power.  This tiny animal is a great example of "small package contain big power".

Mouse is fearless, very quick, and can climb pretty much anything.  Mouse also has very sharp teeth that are self sharpening, allowing her to gnaw through pretty much anything.  With her speed, ability to climb and her ability to gnaw, Mouse will challenge any obstacle and conquer.  And, don' t forget that Mouse is very intelligent. In different experiments, Mouse has proven her ability to look over the situation and to reason out a solution.

When Mouse shows up, do not be frightened!  Mouse has messages for you and will show you different ways of being.   One - always be persistent in attaining your goals.  If you give up, you will go hungry!  Two - walk through life in an unassuming way.  You do not threaten others and this allows you to go where you will, much like I do.   Three - be wary of all people and all new things presented to you.  Someone is always trying to create a new Mouse trap.  Let people earn your trust.  Let them show you and others that they are "in service to others" and not selfish.  Four - pay attention to the messages around you.  I see the the shadow of Hawk, and know that I will not be safe on my journey, so I rest.  I feel the energy of Coyote in the grass, and I know to hide and contemplate life.  I smell the rain, and I know that the Great One is providing water for me, and I must drink.

May you find your way with Mouse's guidance.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com    

Also see:  Spirit Animal - Meadow Vole Brings a Message; Spirit Guide - Fairy Or Blue Penguin; What is a Totem?  See www.angelsandancestors.com for info on the radio show starting Jan 13th or click on  http://www.modavox.com/voiceamericacms/WebModules/HostModaview.aspx?HostId=603&ChannelId=4&Flag=1

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. Mouse has been around me my whole life and I never knew why. Now I know!
    Michelle
    www.bunnyhuggerzwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello there, i recently attended a funeral and amongst people- spirits, there was a mouse- spirit. could you let me know how i should interpret this? would be lovely! thanks
    gunda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Judy, this was beautiful, especially the last section on mouse guidance. I've had a large family of mice visiting my home this winter and I've been pondering the messages that mice can bring to us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy