Thursday 27 November 2008

Karma Yoga Thoughts - Namasté

image

Picture from the video "Namaste" as presented in the You Tube video noted below

 

When I first began to learn Yoga positions in the Seventies, classes were not common. So, I learned from a book.  Quite often, after a lesson, the word "Namasté" appeared on the page.  I asked some of my friends what it meant, and the definition that I learned was "peace be with you".  For years, this was my definition of the word. 

Over the last ten years, the use of the word "Namasté" has become quite common.  It is used in lectures in the New Age community, in Reiki teachings, in writing, and even in every day greeting, much like those in Asia did where the use of this word originated.  The actual word is a Sanskrit word.

My favorite definition is now...

"I honour the place in you in which the entire Universe dwells, I honour the place in you which is of Love, of Integrity, of Wisdom and of Peace. When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are One." from Yoga Heals Us (2007). "Yoga Philosophy - Namasté". Yoga Heals Us. November 10, 2007.

I now have a new appreciation for the concept of Namasté from the videos on You Tube.  This video link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcgNJ7cgDVs  is a very lovely explanation of the concept.  May you enjoy the movie.

Namasté!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy