Wednesday 27 January 2010

Spirit Animals – The Joy Of Chickadee

071101 Chickidee 006


Picture of chickadee sitting on Judy’s hand – picture by Judy Hirst.

Yesterday, I walked into Burnsmeade Woods with the dogs, and right at the start of the path into the woods, we were greeted with cries of “chika-dee-dee-dee! Dee-de-dee. Dee-dee.”
It sounded like “Welcome! Hi Judy!” I was surrounded by twenty little friends, all joyfully singing and saying, “We missed you!” What was really fun was that while I was getting out their treat of black seeds, they sat on my arm and sang, to me, to the dogs, to the world in general.  One little chickadee flew up on a high up branch, and sang as loud as he could—with words that sounded like, “she’s here, she’s here”.  Within two minutes, three nut hatches and two downy woodpeckers came to join the party.  The noise was glorious – much like any cocktail party sounds!
As the chickadees lined up on my arm for their turn at the seeds, I felt so humble in the presence of such great trust.  I felt so at peace and at one with each of them.  Passersby commented that they could not believe that all these birds would be around me and on me with two dogs there.  My explanation – we have been friends now, the dogs and the birds and I, for about four or five years now. 
Several of the chickadees stopped before they took their seeds, and looked at me, and sent me a message.  The message was – we love you and appreciate you – even without the seeds.  You are our friend.  I was profoundly moved!  The message made me think that we often do not appreciate ourselves, our families or our friends, or even the beauty around us. 
Chickadees gift was the reminder to be even more aware and present than ever before.
Have a beautiful day!
Judy@angelsandancestors.com   See another post on Chikadee at   Chickadee Visit

Making Meditation Joyful – the next workshop is March 27th – see www.angelsandancestors.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy