Monday 18 January 2010

Nourishing Body, Mind and Spirit – Raw Oatmeal Cookies

In June of 2009, I was sitting in meditation, when this Being or Spirit, popped into my internal vision, and said, “You need to be eating raw food.” 

100_1090

 

Picture of carrots from our garden, sitting beside an 8 ounce glass to show comparative size.  © Judith Hirst-Joyeux October 2009

 

 

My initial reaction to this was “I already am eating raw food –  vegetables, salad, fruit!”  In fact, I was quite indignant that I would be told to eat more raw food.  That very day, a client came for a session, and she said that she had purchased a book on raw food meals because it intrigued her so much when she thumbed through the recipes.  She gave me the name of the book, and, at that moment, a rush of energy zinged through me.  I knew that I needed to get the book immediately.  I went the next day to a local bookstore and purchased it.  I came home and began reading it.  Picking out several recipes that looked easy and good, I made up a list of ingredients and went to the store.  I made my first recipe a day later.

Since that time, I have made many raw food recipes.  Some I like, and others I do not.  Did I notice a difference in my body, mind, and spirit?  Yes!  A very positive change began happening towards the end of June.  I had more energy, and I am a high energy person already.  The new energy was stronger and also quieter.  I found that my body was beginning to feel lighter, and my guides said that I was detoxing in a totally natural way (weigh!)

This is a recipe that I make from time to time for our New Moon Meditation evenings. I have put in the notes about what I do because I do not always follow the directions. I do what makes sense for me, at the time I am “cooking”. I love this dish raw for breakfast. It is fast and easy, and you do not need very much to feel full.

RAW OATMEAL COOKIES

2 cups oats (groats, whole) (I used rolled oats – they are basically the same as groats)

1/2 cup almonds

1/2 cup raisins

1/2 cup agave nectar (Or maple syrup. I have used both and I prefer the Agave Nectar)

1/4 cup cashews (Note that I doubled the almonds and left out the cashews)

Directions

Put oat groats in food processor and grind until fine. Transfer to a mixing bowl.

Put almonds in food processor and pulse a few times to chop them until just coarsely chopped. Transfer to bowl with the oats.

Add raisins and agave nectar to bowl and mix everything well.

Grind cashews in coffee grinder, and use this to coat your palms as you handle the cookie batter. (I left this out).

Take small chunks of dough and flatten into rounds on the mesh sheet of a dehydrator tray. Dehydrate for about 12 hours on 110 degrees. The time to dehydrate may vary according to how thick you've made the cookies, and whether you like them chewy, or not.

(Note that I actually cooked the cookies for several hours at 250 degrees, so that the cookies were quite dehydrated, but still not over cooked. It is something that you need to practice. I also simply use my oven as I do not have a dehydrator.)

Let me know whether you try this recipe, and how it turns out.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com   This recipe appears in our January newsletter at www.angelsandancestors.com/newsletter/news1001.pdf  In February, this newsletter will join the archive pages.  See past newsletters (and recipes) at www.angelsandancestors.com/archive.html    Do you live in Calgary?  You may want to join us for this workshop -

Channelling Spirit Guidesimage
Archangel Michael presides over the work shop, and between him, his legions, and your own spirit guides, you learn to channel in a very protected and safe environment.
Saturday, February 20, 2010, 1pm to 4:30pm  Contact Roger info@angelsandancestors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy