Thursday 28 January 2010

Spirit Animal – Ladybug

image

Picture of ladybug from naturescrusaders.wordpress.com

It is still January, and it is cold in Calgary.  However, the other day, a ladybug flew into the kitchen window, from over my shoulder, which meant it came from in the house somewhere.  I was quite surprised! 

What instantly popped into my mind was the old nursery rhyme -

Ladybug!  Ladybug!
Fly away home.
Your house is on fire.
And your children all gone.

All except one,
And that's little Nan,
For she crept under
The frying pan.

I wondered why Ladybug was flying at me, and what her message was.  I remember hearing a story that Ladybug was a messenger for the Virgin Mary, and would carry her messages to the different people that this Lady worked with. Perhaps the Lady was speaking to me.

I pondered what I had been feeling the last several days. I had been working through the idea that Spirit gave me for the Angels And Ancestors Magazine – the idea around being joyful. I had been worrying the idea, trying to find a way to make it perfect.  And, I was failing!  Ladybug was bringing the message – “let go, and let Spirit (God) – be joyful and feel the joy, and you will be able to write about it. By worrying it, you are getting in the way of the message that Spirit wishes to spread. Stay in the moment, and all will be well!”

As I watched Ladybug, I realized that I was smiling.  She was making me feel joy by simply watching her – how she folded her wings against her body to protect her very soft being, how her little legs carried her through a strange place, our house, and through the cold winter, to allow her to end up on our window.  I then realized that she was showing me something else.  She showed me that all spiritual beings, humans and animals, go to the light.

I felt truly blessed.  I bowed my head in thanks, and when I looked up, Ladybug was gone!

Judy@angelsandancestors.com  Has Ladybug paid you a visit?  Tell us your story and give us permission to publish, and we will put it in our new Free-online magazine being launched February 2010.  www.angelsandancestors.com

3 comments:

  1. Hi Judy

    Your blog is beautiful. I'm really enjoying reading your posts, as well as finding them inspiring. Loved your ladybird story

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice article,

    I was on a shamanic seminar and during disvocering of my animal teacher ladybug has showed to me.

    And the message is "Let be and let God"

    ...just to enjoy and response :)
    ...the change has begun... :) jupi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had a ladybug visit me. She is the third in about three months. We have screens on our windows so how these ladybugs get in is a mystery. I am so thankful that they have gotten in. I always smile and sing when I see them. I let them stay a bit and then I put them outside. Yes, this ladybug told me something about joy and about looking at the light.
    I am grateful for each visit.

    Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy