Monday 30 June 2008

Chickadee Visit

071101 Chickidee 007“A Chickadee Visit”

© 2007 S. Roger Joyeux

Used with permission.

 

 

 

 

 

Every morning, and sometimes in the evening, the dogs and I walk in the provincial park along the Bow River.  When we walk on weekends and evenings, my husband Roger joins us.  And, if we are blessed, we are also joined by one of the wild ones.  In this picture, the black capped chickadee came to talk to us.  The time is early fall, and there is a flock of about twenty chickadees that hang around one bushed area of the park.  Through the fall and winter, when they see me coming with the dogs, they fly around us and around my head and will sometimes land on my shoulders.  If you have heard the song of the chickadee, you will understand that it becomes quite complex. By December, I was pretty sure that they were saying, "Here comes she!" and not "chick-a-dee-dee-dee!".

When a wild animal recognizes you and pays attention to you, there is an expectancy that you will listen to them, and to keep the balance, provide something for them.  Sometimes I take them the black seeds they love so much. However, many times, they don't eat the seeds; they just like to sit on my hand and "talk".  We have learned so much fear in dealing with "wild" animals. It is interesting to me that we call them wild because they don't live with us.  They live in a different environment, close to and part of nature.  They happily share their knowledge with us, if we ask, and if we show respect. 

The information that the chickadees bring to me include:

1.  asking me to see with my innate knowledge of all things, instead of with my westernized logical mind.  The chickadee's black cap is a reminder of the higher wisdom available to us.

2.  showing me the truth about whatever has been on my mind during my walk that day.  It the chickadee that brought me the message about teaching people how to clear their karma, and why we need to clear karma now.

3.  reminding me to keep all things in balance - work, play, body, mind - and of course the chakras.  Chickadee incorporates some of the chakra colors.  The black on the chickadee represents the black/red of the first chakra.  Part of one's balance is about being grounded, something that I work on to balance my meditations.

I love the chickadee's cheerful greeting.  Even if I meet no other humans, I am acknowledged as being part of the woods, and the All.  There is great comfort in the feeling of belonging.

May you have a chickadee visit, and may it bless you!

Judith

Visit Judith and Roger at their website, www.angelsandancestors.com.  Drop them a note at info@angelsandancestors.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy