Friday 11 September 2009

Spirit Animals – St Lawrence Tiger Moth

image

 

   Picture of St. Lawrence Tiger Moth from www.insectsofalberta.com

 

 

On Thursday evening, a St. Lawrence Tiger Moth flew into our family room as we let our dogs in, through the patio door.  She flew around each of Roger and I, through our kitchen, and into our dining room.  As moth is regarded as a nurturer, I found her actions funny.  She could have flown several ways, and perhaps ended up in the living room.  However, she picked the kitchen and dining room, where I make meals, and then serve them to our guests.

She definitely had a message for me.  Like most moths, she is able to sense many things with clarity.  At one point, she seemed to want to light on our hands. The message was clear that we needed to work with our hands, perhaps do more healing and writing.

When she stopped, she shivered out her wings, and then drew them up around herself.  She was being careful with herself, and I felt her say that I needed to take care of myself. I had been working at building retaining walls in the yard, and I was tired.  And then she fluttered once more, and her colours were so beautiful, I felt that she said that it was time to shake off all the negativity that is in the world, trying to grab hold of our mind. It seemed, too, that she asked me to look for the joy and beauty in everything. 

As I said these things in my mind, she grew still.  We gathered her up with a glass and paper, and took her outside so she could fly away and deliver other messages.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com    New Moon meditation… September 17th at 7:30pm

1 comment:

  1. I brought an asparagus fern in from the cold and since then there have been lots of brown moths in my apartment. My concern is that they'll eat sweaters, blankets, ect. Well I put the plant back outside as I can't stand to be their demise. I looked up animal wisdom to see what message these mothshad for me. As a nurse and massage therapist I was excited to see their wisdom and your account was so interesting I had to respond.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy