Sunday 17 October 2021

Prayer/Meditation For Community

 



This picture is taken along Highway 40 on the way up to Highwood Pass in early September.


I find life amazing and I am startled when I find that time seems to have escaped me.  I have missed creating two postings on my blog much to my dismay.

This past week, for me, has been full of activities about our community...our neighbourhood community, our volunteer community, and our Fish Creek Park & dog walking community.  The days have consumed hours and been quite fun!  I feel blessed that we have these connections.

As you know, there are not any coincidences.  So when I received an email from one of the spiritual thought leaders that I follow - Nick Polizzi - I felt that his message was very supportive of being in community. You can follow Nick and his generous sharing of information at thesacredscience.com.  

In his latest email to his tribe, he talked about the Bodhisattva Prayer for Humanity.  It felt so perfect to me that I am sharing from his email both his comments and the prayer.  

It is said that His Holiness the Dalai Lama considers this text to be THE source for developing altruism in your character and the "Spirit of Awakening." It is also said that His Holiness the Dalai Lama recites this prayer every morning as part of his waking rituals. So, if you give it a try, you are in good company!

Bodhisattva Prayer for Humanity

"May I be a guard for those who need protection

A guide for those on the path

A boat, a raft, a bridge for those who wish to cross the flood

May I be a lamp in the darkness

A resting place for the weary

A healing medicine for all who are sick

A vase of plenty, a tree of miracles

And for the boundless multitudes of living beings

May I bring sustenance and awakening

Enduring like the earth and sky

Until all beings are freed from sorrow

And all are awakened."

Now, exhale and be still for a brief moment.

What speaks loudly in this prayer is that we are all in this together. We are alive thanks to our ancestors and by helping the people, plants, animals, and life in our environment, we show appreciation for existing in this world.


This prayer is perfect for using in one's daily meditation practice and being thankful for community.

Blessings


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy