Monday 21 June 2010

Spirit Speaks – Letting Go

“You cannot understand life and its mysteries as long as you try to grasp it. Indeed, you cannot grasp it just as you cannot walk off with a river in a bucket. If you try to capture running water in a bucket, it is clear that you do not understand it and that you will always be disappointed, for in the bucket the water does not run. To "have" running water you must let go of it and let it run.”   Alan Watts from The Wisdom of Insecurity.

image

Over the last several months, I have been working on understanding the Buddhist concept of “attachment”, and at the same time, I have been working on understanding all the things that I am attached to. I am finding that attachment comes in many forms.  It does seem to be about being attached to things being a certain way.  If I can get to a point where I accept all things and allow them to be as they are without my ideas of how they should be, then I will be free of attachment.  I hope to get there by letting go of one attachment at a time.

As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery.  We have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace.  The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as anger and attachment, fear and suspicion,
while love and compassion, a sense of universal responsibility are the sources of peace and happiness.
~Dalai Lama

judy@angelsandancestors.com   Want a reading?  Pick from one of the choices at www.angelsandancestors.com/reading.html

Please see the FREE June Angels And Ancestors magazine at www.angelsandancestors.com/newsletter/mag1006.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy