Thursday 15 April 2010

Spirit Animal – Great Blue Heron

Today, as we drove down the highway, a great blue heron appeared and was flying into the north east.

               Great Blue Heron flying over the water – source unknown.image

What struck me as curious was how far she seemed to be from any water. I also wondered why she was flying in such gale force winds.  I pondered the message that Heron was bringing to me.

Heron is about grounding and wading through one’s emotions.  She is also about standing one’s ground, and not being influenced by others.  As you might guess, most encounters with Heron are on the ground, usually when she is standing in the water.  To encounter her in the air is indeed a gift!

I asked for her message, and received immediate feedback in a knowing and clear thoughts from her.  First, being alone, she is showing that regardless of the difficulty, sometimes one is best traveling alone.  Wizards, leaders, and wisdom keepers often travel the lone path.  Flying in the difficult wind, she shows that even slow progress is still progress and should not be seen as a defeat, but as the wonderful affirmation of Spirit that it is.  Heron is flying above the Earth to show that one does not have to be embroiled in all the negative things happening on the Earth; one can fly above it, and observe it from a distance.  In this way, one has a larger perspective so that the story becomes more distant, and the perfection of movement, of aligning of parts of the Earth, is seen in its beauty.

Further, Heron said, “ Flying into the north east is the direction one goes when it is time to share your knowledge with the world.  However, you must find the means to do that in a way that feels comfortable to you…. not to others.  The Wizard only shares what needs to be shared at the time that it needs to be shared, and not before.  Be confident in your guidance, and move in the flow.”

See more on Heron at Blue Heron Brings Information 

                                **************

Judy@angelsandancestors.com   See the April Magazine online at  www.angelsandancestors.com/newsletter/mag1004.pdf .  See www.thestoryoflight.com for Roger’s new book The Story of Light Volume 11: Through Heaven’s Gate.

6 comments:

  1. I have seen the Great Blue Heron three times within a week and a half!! and am in awe and of course, focusing intently on Heron's message. All three times it was in flight, and I thought it odd, but wonderful, that someone else saw Great Heron right around the same time as I did. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, Thanks for commenting. I have been hearing that more people are seeing Great Blue Heron, and I think that is a wonderful thing! I believe that the birds and animals are becoming more active in our lives.

    Blessings,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the blue heron consistently for the past two years. I travel on the road and it flies across my path most often, right to left. I see it sometimes once every two weeks but most often at least once or twice a week. Even downtown Toronto it flew across my field of vision. I know it is trying to tell me something.....and it is patient and persistent to deliver it's message.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terry, what a great experience! Thanks for sharing. Great Blue Heron often brings specific messages to the person that she is appearing for. If you have been asking for help in an area of your life, you may want to check the blog for the answers that resonate for you.

    Love and light,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. interesting....'my' herons are always flying from left to right....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday morning, as I was wondering what direction my life/career should go, a heron flew directly in front of my window. If I had it open, I would have been able to come close to touching it. Since this is not a bird often found on the Mercer Springs Road in Princeton, WV. I became curious and googled the symbolism of the heron. This is both frightening and exhilarating all at once.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy