Wednesday 28 April 2010

Buddha Speaks – Knowing Another

How often has someone told you how you feel or think?  It happens to me all the time. People tell me that I am a healer when typically I think of myself as a Shaman or Mystic.  I am reminded of the story I read about an artist.  She said that she always introduced herself as an artist.  One day one of her friends said to her, “You can’t introduce yourself as an artist.  You are an art teacher.  You need to introduce yourself as an art teacher.”  The artist’s response was along the lines of, “what right do you have to tell me who I am or how I should introduce myself.  No one has the right to determine another’s life!”

Again, the Universe working in her mysterious manner, gave me the teaching to go with the story that I read.  I would like to share that story with you because it is so profound.

                                    ***********

trout jumping for flies

 
Picture of a trout jumping for flies
 
 
 
 
             Knowing Fish – A Zen Teaching

One day Chuang Tzu and a friend were walking by a river. "Look at the fish swimming about," said Chuang Tzu, "They are really enjoying themselves."

"You are not a fish," replied the friend, "So you can't truly know that they are enjoying themselves."

"You are not me," said Chuang Tzu. "So how do you know that I do not know that the fish are enjoying themselves?"

                             ****************

Judy@angelsandancestors.com   See the May Magazine online at  www.angelsandancestors.com/newsletter/mag1005.pdf.

In This Issue:
Pioneering The New Earth and Money …5
The Importance of Breath….7
How To Search Google Like An Expert…15
Headache Relief: Energy Healing Techniques…19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy