Monday 25 May 2009

Spirit Animal – Owl Family

100_0885

Baby great horned owl picture taken by Judith Hirst-Joyeux on May 22 2009 in Fish Creek Park

 

Sometimes we are gifted with a chance to be with Mother Nature and her babies and her charges.  This was my luck several days ago when I saw this baby owl on a log in the park in the center of the woods where the dogs and I walk. 

Her mother watched over us as we chatted. 

100_0886

Great Horned Owl Mom picture taken by Judith Hirst-Joyeux on May 22 2009 in Fish Creek Park

 

 

 

Mom actually let me get quite close to the baby.  She even let me watch her feed baby a black bird.  I chose not to take pictures of that feeding. 

Pretty soon, Dad came along.  He was more subtle in watching us, and he gave Mom a chance to go hunting.  He is quite hard to see in his camouflage.

100_0901

Great Horned Owl Dad picture taken by Judith Hirst-Joyeux on May 22 2009 in Fish Creek Park

 

 

I know that I am truly blessed to have three owls present themselves to me in one day.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com   Watch for our June newsletter, or sign up to receive it at www.angelsandancestors.com.  Spirit Animal feature is GOPHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy