Monday 23 July 2012

Spirit Animal - Gecko

Unless you have been plagued by cockroaches, you may not truly understand the importance of a Gecko.  When I was living in the Philippines, one of my apartments seemed to be plagued by cockroaches.  I spotted some Geckos on the wall of a building next to the restaurant that I was going to.  After my meal, (and when no one was watching), I went back to the wall.  I pleaded with the Geckos to have pity on me and asked one of them to come home with me to feast on cockroaches.   They all seemed to listen.  None of them moved.  I gave them my address, and left. 

I arrived home in about fifteen minutes.  After making my check-in phone calls to friends and family, I turned on the TV.  About an hour later, I heard clicking in my dried plant arrangement.  I went and checked.  There was a little Gecko, a little over two inches long, peeking out at me. She basically said that she’d come to check things out, and if it was all good, she would stay.  She never left until I moved out of the apartment, about a month or so later.  Cheerfully, she kept the cockroaches at bay, and looked like she grew a good inch while she lived with me.

As a spirit animal guide, she taught me several things:

  • One is never too small to do a good job of what ever their talent is.
  • Blending with the wall (or ceiling) allows one to see the bigger picture without being pulled into the crowd.
  • Stick-to-it-ness is a very good thing

 

May your Spirit Animal bring you blessings,

Judy

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

See our websites: www.angelsandancestors.com; legionsofmichael.blogspot.com; ; www.missionearthpublishing.com

I am happy to announce that my book is now available on Amazon.com…

clip_image002

Earth Wisdom Meditations: 111 Contemplations For People Who Love The Earth [Paperback] Judith Hirst (Author) A Kindle version is also available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy