Sunday 1 April 2012

From Judy - I Find Meditation, and The Practice of Meditation, Fascinating

image

 

No, this is not an April Fool’s joke.   I see the act of meditation and the practice of meditation as two distinct tasks.  I enjoy reading about meditation too, so maybe the study of meditation is also a task.  I find it all so warm, and funny, and educational, and inspiring. 

Although most of us see meditation as a practice connected to Yoga – at least that is my impression of the Western belief – meditation has been here for ages – with the earliest written record going back to Hindu scripts from 5000 years ago.  I feel that meditation is much older than that date.  When the first people gazed at the stars and wondered about life and the stars, they were meditating.

Below is a paragraph from an article on Meditation, from soulcurrymagazine.com.  If you feel guided to read the whole article, it may be found at http://soulcurrymagazine.com/sc/tips-inspire-creativity.html.

What tweaked my interest here is the whole idea of meditation inspiring creativity.  I find that when I meditate daily, at the same time, even for just 10 minutes, that I am more creative in my thinking than when I meditate daily at different times and for different lengths of time – or perhaps I simply don’t recognize my creative periods that are stimulated by those meditations.  Regardless, if meditation inspires creativity, then I believe that it is a worthy practice and one that should be pursued.

MEDITATION INSPIRES CREATIVITY

Meditation Creativity
Every meditator is definitely a creator because he or she is creating the higher levels of consciousness within, and with this higher level of consciousness, all beautiful things will happen.

There is a profound relationship between meditation and creativity. A non-meditative person cannot be really a creative person. Now sometimes people are allergic to the word “Meditation”. What they don’t understand is that
The real objective of meditation is to be in the right state of mind where concentration, contemplation and awareness manifest in the being.

Blessings,

Judy Judy@angelsandancestors.com

See our websites: www.angelsandancestors.com; legionsofmichael.blogspot.com; www.thestoryoflight.com; webdesign11.com; www.missionearthpublishing.com

I am happy to announce that my book is now available on Amazon.com…

Earth Wisdom Meditations: 111 Contemplations For People Who Love The Earth

Earth Wisdom Meditations: 111 Contemplations For People Who Love The Earth [Paperback] Judith Hirst(Author) A Kindle version is also available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy