Monday 21 November 2011

Ancestors Speak - Recipe For Wild Rice Muffins

Several weeks ago, I posted the recipe for wild rice soup.  People loved it, and asked me if I had any more wild rice recipes.  Here is another favorite – wild rice muffins. 
This recipe calls for blueberries, however, raspberries, strawberries, saskatoons, and blackberries, all are great substitutes if you don’t have blueberries handy.  If you use frozen berries, let them thaw first, and drain the water and measure it in as part of your 1/2 cup of water.
Happy eating!
Judy
 
clip_image002

Blueberry Wild Rice Muffins
Makes 2 Dozen
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups blueberries
1 cup cooked wild rice
Blend softened butler with sugar. Add water, milk, flour,
salt and baking powder. Stir until smooth. Fold in
blueberries and wild rice. Pour into well-greased muffin tins.
Bake at 3500 for 25 minutes.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com
See the November 2011 Angels’ magazine  “The New Wave”  at    www.angelsandancestors.com
See our websites: legionsofmichael.blogspot.com;    www.thestoryoflight.com;         
www.datacloudconsulting.com;              webdesign11.com

1 comment:

  1. I loved the soup and I can't wait to try this recipe. I think these recipes help me fit my diet into the "100 mile diet". Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy