Friday 1 October 2010

Spirit Animal – Wolverine’s Power

During the week before our travels, and the week and half that Roger and I were travelling through the mountains, and visiting different places, I had a recurring vision where I was walking along a dirt path.  After walking about ten minutes (the time in my vision), a Wolverine walks out of the forest and stands and waits for me.  He sits up on his hind legs as I come closer, and then as I come close to him, he swipes my right arm, between the shoulder and elbow, and leaves three long claw marks.  The claw marks don’t bleed, and they close right over.  However, my arm hurts as though it was seriously wounded.  That hurt lasts for about five to ten minutes, and then disappears.

Not knowing what was going on, I repeatedly asked to see Wolverine in meditation so that I could ask some questions.  I simply received a grin and a wave from Wolverine.

Wolverine has many physical features that we recognize.  “The wolverine is a stocky and muscular animal. With short legs, broad and rounded head, and small eyes with short rounded ears, it resembles a bear more than other members of the weasel family. Its legs are short, while its large five-toed paws and posture facilitate movement through deep snow.  The adult wolverine is about the size of a medium dog, with a length usually ranging from 65–87 cm (25–34 inches), a tail of 17–26 cm (7–10 inches), and a weight of 10–25 kg (22–55 lb), though exceptionally large males can weigh over 31 kg (70 lb). ~~ from Wikipedia~~

 image

Wolverine picture from Wiki Commons

As I looked at the physical description of Wolverine, I realized that in many ways, Wolverine was very much like a small, stocky human.  Wolverine’s range is northern Canada, Northern Siberia and Northern Asia.  Indeed, he could be one of the indigenous peoples of long ago.  In other words, he could be an Ancestor.  The warmth that I felt around this thought indicates that there is some truth to this.  Legends indicate that Wolverine is a master teacher in Northern lore, and that Wolverine teaches about getting in touch with, and in using one’s power to do the greater good.  He is what Buddhists call “the Universal Hero”. 

I realized then that I was in for some big lessons and big teaching.  I suspect that I will see a lot of Wolverine over the next several months.

Have a wonderful adventure today,

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

Links

http://angelsandancestors.blogspot.com/2010/04/spirit-animal-wolverine-power.html 

http://angelsandancestors.blogspot.com/2009/05/spirit-animal-wolverine.html#links

See the October magazine at http://www.angelsandancestors.com/newsletter/mag1010.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy