Sunday 3 October 2010

Spirit Animal – Hummingbird in Action

I have received a wonderful hummingbird story from Susanne, and she has given me permission to share it on my blog. 

Thanks, Susanne!

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

image

image

Dear Judy,
I have been fascinated by Hummingbirds for a long time, love watching and interacting with them and taking photos of them.

Recently, my husband and I were visiting our small rustic cabin in the mountains near San Diego. On a hot September day around noon I kept the front door open and  was sitting at the table in front of the open window looking out, enjoying the view into the forest.

All of a sudden I heard a humming noise inside the cabin and was surprised by a hummingbird flying right by me out of the window. That same same thing happened two more times, a hummingbird flew into the cabin through the open door, inspected everything red or orange inside the cabin and left through the open window, flying right by me. Then it came in again and I called my husband to come and see, what was happening. The moment he entered the room, the hummingbird flew towards the ceiling, pecked against the ceiling and the beams, appeared to be confused and could not find his way out. We tried for almost an hour in various ways to direct the hummingbird towards the open window,, tried to attract it with a hummingbird feeder. Nothing worked.  We started worrying, the little bird would die from exhaustion. Then I thought, I am going to try something else. I hang the feeder right outside the window, went inside and talked to the still confused hummingbird in a soft voice. Slowly and calmly I raised both hands and directed my energy towards the little bird. In an instant it appeared to calm down, flew down and sat down on the hummingbird feeder outside the window. It started drinking a little of the sugar solution I had prepared. I called my husband to come see this happening. There was enough time for him to come and be my witness, then the little hummingbird opened his/her wings and flew out back into his world.

I was really touched by this event. It appeared to me as if we were clearly communicating, the hummingbird and I. The following day it allowed me to take lots of nice photos of him. Then, when we packed up and got ready for our drive home, I saw the hummingbird sitting on a branch right above the door for quite some time. I said good bye to him, thanking him for his visit, wishing him well for his long trip to Mexico, which will be coming up, soon.

This was a very powerful experience, I thought to share with you. You are very welcome to post this story or a shorter version of it on your nice blog. I found it while looking for 'hummingbird and spirit 'on Google. I will visit your blog again, when I find some time. You are sharing wonderful stories and poems there.

Thank you for that,
With kind regards,
Susanne

⌂ ⌂ ⌂ ⌂ ⌂ ⌂ ⌂ ⌂ ⌂

Again, thanks to Susanne for sharing this moment with Hummingbird!

See the October Magazine on line at

http://www.angelsandancestors.com/newsletter/mag1010.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy