Wednesday 10 February 2010

Buddha Speaks – Who Do You Want To Be?

image
One of the things that a person undertakes when they begin the practice of Buddhism, is to figure out who they are.  This is a difficult thing to do because many times we have been shaped by so many people, beginning with our parents, that we truly have no idea of what we like.  We are much like the bride in the movie, “Run Away Bride”, who does not know what kind of egg she likes because she has always liked what her fiancé liked.  Here is a simple meditation to do each time you sit in meditation. Try to answer one question per meditation. 
Enjoy the journey!
WHO DO I WANT TO BE?
Mentally project yourself 5 years into the future: how would I like to be, having accomplished what I want to accomplish, learned what I want to learn, did what I wanted to do.
- Which qualities have I developed in myself?
- Which are the most important lessons I have learned?
- What have I done for others that I feel most happy about?
- How did I manage to stop underestimating myself?
- How did I manage to stop underestimating other people?
- How did I manage to stop pretending that I cannot do things?
- Which kind of powers and abilities did I discover in myself?
- Which kind of powers and abilities did I find in others?
- What can I do right now in order to be this person in five years?
- If it feels right, make a commitment to yourself to make this vision reality.
Judy@angelsandancestors.com  See our free February magazine on line at www.angelsandancestors.com  Send us your comments about the magazine!  image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy