Monday 2 November 2009

Ancestors Speak – Full Moon for November (November 2, 2009)

 clip_image002

Image by Khalifa Al-Matawaah ♥ via Flickr

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The full moon aspect of November is called “The Snow Moon”.  As a full moon is always about completion and the sign that something new will start, the name of the moon time is appropriate because northern farmers have completed bringing in their crops (although this year, some are still harvesting corn on the prairies), and the ground has been tilled in preparation for next year.  The snow that comes, blankets the ground and will be the first source of moisture to awaken the Earth in the spring.

The meditation for this full moon is contemplative, and is around “what do I need to work on over the next month” as the end of summer is now here, and my available time is changing.  Some of the topics that are up for grabs include the the time that November 2 represents – All Souls Day.  This is another time to reflect upon one’s ancestors – the ones that have inspired us to move beyond what we believed we were capable of doing.

If you are looking for topics for contemplation, here are a few more.

  • who do I need to forgive in my life so I no longer carry baggage around felt past wrongs?
  • what activity can I do that makes my soul happy?
  • do I have a habit of some sort that blocks my path to happiness?
  • what can I do to be less judgemental, or to become non-judgemental?
  • do I show the people I love that I love them? Everyday?
  • do I need to do more self care? 
  • do I need to work on my self esteem?
  • do I need to spend more time in nature?

These are some of the thoughts that have been shared with me, and that are worthy of contemplating.  Have a wonderful meditation!

Judy@angelsandancestors.com  See our November newsletter online at www.angelsandancestors.com.  This month’s theme is on RESPECT.  Our December issue will feature animal stories, and Christmas stories so if you have a story to share, please send it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy