Thursday 30 September 2021

Trusting in Nature



I took this picture this morning when I was out walking with my dog, Merlin.  The sky is quite dark because, as you can see, there is a hidden line between the blue sky and the dark sky.  This is a chinook line.  The chinook brings warmer weather. Where I live, we trust this line in Nature to elevate the temperature, even in the coldest days of winter.  I look at the trees in the foreground and I know that I can trust the trees to act the same through out the seasons.  Now, the trees are letting go of the leaves and getting ready to slow down and hibernate through winter.  

I look at the sky and the trees and wish that Nature could teach humans the lesson of constancy and instilling trust in others.  There is a great quote by Fyodor Dostoevsky…..

“Nature doesn't ask your permission; it doesn't care about your wishes, or whether you like its laws or not. You're obliged to accept it as it is, and consequently all its results as well.”

I like that I can depend on Nature.

Blessings 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy