Friday 16 May 2014

Spirit Animal - Great Blue Heron Flies Past

image

Today, as I drove home from work, a large Great Blue Heron flew over me and then ahead of me.  I felt quite excited because the Herons seem to be fewer in our area.  When I see the Heron I marvel at the colors.  Great Blue Herons appear blue-gray from a distance, with a wide black stripe over the eye. In flight, the upper side of the wing is two-toned: pale on the forewing and darker on the flight feathers.

The colour reminds me that I must realize that much of life is a gray area.  There are not any absolutes because the situations change with the participants.  The long legs tell me that I must wade through the emotions that situations trigger in me, and I must come out and fly above the issue.  The blue color reminds me that my heart will always tell me what is true…. not my head/ego.

Blessings,

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy