Sunday 9 March 2014

Spirit Animal - Young Colt Shares Thoughts

 

image

I come into this world with absolute delight!  All is new! I have the memories of those who came before me to guide me, as I discover the place around me.  I am innocent of doing any harm to anyone.  I know I am part of the herd, and that the herd takes care of me.  When I am older, I too will be in the herd that cares for all the foals.  This is the way Nature intended for Horse to move upon the Earth.  Even though someday I will run fast, and run free, I know that the survival of the herd depends on how each of us does their part.  We move from pasture to pasture to conserve the grasses and shrubs that we like, to give them a chance to regenerate.  Horses, like other animals, care for the Earth because it is our home.  The Earth, in turn, cares for us, and provides for us for food, sleeping, playing, foaling, fighting, and flourishing.  I look up and see my dam peacefully eating and keeping an eye on me at the same time.  I know that I am cared for.  I feel that warmth of affection wrap around me from other members of the herd.  While I know they will discipline me if I step out of line, they will do me no harm.  And while I am young, they will make my life as easy and safe as they can.   I am content!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy