Monday 23 November 2015

Buddha Speaks - How Do You Place Your Trust

image

 

Recently, I have had to trust others to help me move forward in making a career change.  I have been thinking very hard about trust.  I was having trouble narrowing down what trust really was.  Then the UNIVERSE, in its great wisdom, provided me with two things to help me understand that trust has different aspects and the end result is the same.

The first “show me” that I got about trust was the poster above.  I think it is self explanatory.

The second “show me” on trust comes from the blog at Shambhala.  The blog features a short story from a book by Norman Waddell.  Here is the link. http://blog.shambhala.com/2015/11/20/placing-complete-trust-in-a-thief/  Part of the story is below.

 

Placing Complete Trust in a Thief

 

book coverSuppose, for example, that a wealthy man mistakenly hires a master thief of the greatest skill and cunning to guard his house. After watching his granaries, treasures, and the rest of his fortune dwindle by the day, he orders the thief to seize several suspicious servants and to interrogate them around the clock until they confess. Family members are worried sick. Relations between husband and wife are severely strained. Yet their fortune goes on mysteriously shrinking. And it all happens because of the mistake the man had made in the beginning, in employing and placing his complete trust in a thief.

The lesson to be learned from this is that the very attempts to banish birth and death from your mind are, in themselves, a sure sign that birth and death is in full progress.

From The Essential Teachings of Zen Master Hakuin, translated by Norman Waddell, page 36

 

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy