Thursday 15 September 2011

Spirit Animal - Pelican Hermit

image

Imagine my surprise when my friend and I walked down to the river two nights ago, and there, all by herself, was Pelican.  I wrote about her at the end of August http://angelsandancestors.blogspot.com/2011/08/spirit-animal-pelican-offers-advice.html and stated then that I was surprised that she was still here, in Fish Creek Park.

I talked to her briefly and asked her why she was still here, when it is close to winter, and why she was by herself.  She said that she was very comfortable by herself, and that she was getting tired of the constant noise within the flock.  She liked fishing by herself, and she thought that the catch was better.   She said that she observed more without the flock because she was too caught up in the interchange between members of the flock.

I asked where the flock was and she said that they had returned to southern California and Mexico.  They fly through the passes which for the most part, follow river routes so they have food and an easy fly.   She added that they did not understand her wish to stay.  They said that she was odd, to want to be alone.  I laughed and said that we called being alone, away from others of our kind “being a hermit”.  She flapped her wings in appreciation. 

I asked what she would do for the winter.  She said that she would follow the Geese lead, and stick to warmer waters. 

I wished her well, and we continued on our walk.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

Look for the September Angels’ magazine in the next few days at  www.angelsandancestors.com

See our websites:  legionsofmichael.blogspot.comwww.thestoryoflight.com;www.datacloudconsulting.com;www.datacloudconsultingblog.com; webdesign11.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy