Sunday 5 June 2011

Spirit Animal - Northern Pike

image

I used to have a cabin on Moose Lake in Manitoba.  One of my favourite summer pastimes was to lie on the rubber raft, hands trailing in the water, feeling the gentle rocking of the water movement.  Often, when I would peer into the water, I would see a mid-size Pike looking back at me.  In Canada, we call Pike by the name “Jack Fish”. 

I have not thought about Pike very much over the last ten years.  Then, this week, twice, Pike came up in the conversation.  As I sat meditating, I invited Pike to come into my space to share any messages that it might have.  Pike has this advice.

    • Staying still is a great camouflage behaviour.  It works out even better for a person if they can learn something from “spying” on what is going on.
    • Lurking in the shadows is one way to catch your prey.  Police have learned to do this from Pike and the police call this the “stake-out” routine.
    • Since most beings do have a brain, and do their reasoning at their head, it is best to consume prey in a head-first position so that they do not have time to plan an escape.
    • When you get caught, never give up!  Fight until the end!  It is amazing how often one can jump off the hook.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

imageThe June Angels Magazine  is up at www.angelsandancestors.com

See our websites:  legionsofmichael.blogspot.com www.thestoryoflight.com; www.datacloudconsulting.com; www.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post
    There is not that much about pike and yours was nicely written
    I have been trying to give meaning
    To my animal encounters and if you have a word on this story I like to hear
    I'm fishing in a small lake in canada then I catch a small pike and reel it back and swing around to tire the pike then close to my kayak
    I felt the fish got super powers and
    Fighting 5 times more I am surprised
    When comes closer I see clearly a huge monster pike has taken the head of other one a wont let go I moved both of them close to boat and it fought harder to pull the smaller one from the line eventually it let go and I pulled the small one out dead. Head crushed teeth puncture s all over
    I have been out doors and fished many years many piles
    Never such experience
    Since it happened when I started to read and pay attention to my animal encounters recently I wonder how to define it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear writer, thanks for sharing what sounds like an amazing experience! My suggestion is that you are living out the guidance of Pike - never give up.
    Blessings, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy