Friday 20 February 2009

Tarot Discussion – King of Disks

 scan0001

  The King of Disks card from the Maxwell Miller deck “The Universal Tarot”

 

My goal this morning was to see what today had in store for me, and what I had to be prepared for.  I was surprised to pull the King of Disks.  I use the Maxwell Miller deck because I enjoy the blending of all of the physical, symbolic and mythic images from all cultures and from all belief systems.  I find the power of the cards to be one of integrity.

Back to the card, this card is the Archetypal Shaman, who in his power, is one with Nature.  Shaman converse with the birds, animals and plants. They heal with herbs (leaves).  The Thunderbirds carry him to the heavens or bring messages from the Ancestors. 

While Kings generally are shown on horseback, or on a throne or beside a throne, the Shaman is unique.  Shaman create their own tools and carry them, giving them power where ever they are.  The drum will have been made in the sacred way, and possibly made with horse hide, deer hide, or buffalo, depending on the locale.  The amulet on his neck will be bone on leather and indicates a feminine aspect of self as does the sheath type dress.  The horns – the Shaman’s mask – are about creation and renewal since all stags shed their horns come spring.  The Shaman then is in perfect balance between worlds, between the masculine and the feminine, and between the seasons. 

The message for me then, is to honour my role as a Shaman, and to stay balanced.  The Shaman is comfortable with the material world as a supporting tool for what he does.  It seems that there will be a period of growth in the business that will support the many things I will be doing for Spirit.  Aho!

judy@angelsandancestors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy